Monday, March 5, 2012

MAGICAL INCANTATION - Chaldean



I HAVE invoked thee, O Sun, in the midst of the high heavens.
Thou art in the shadow of the cedar, and thy feet rest on the summits.
The countries have called thee eagerly, they have directed their looks towards thee,
O Friend, thy brilliant light illuminates every land, overthrowing all that impedes thee, assemble the countries, for thou, O Sun, knowest their boundaries.
Thou who annihilatest falsehood, who dissipated the evil influence of wonders, omens, sorceries, dreams, evil apparitions, who turnest to a happy issue malicious designs, who annihilatest men and countries that devote themselves to fatal sorceries, I have taken refuge in thy presence.
Do not allow those who make spells, and are hardened, to arise.
Frighten their heart,
Settle also, O Sun, light of the great gods
Right into my marrow, O Lords of breath, that I may rejoice, even I.
May the gods who created me take my hands!
Direct the breath of my mouth!
My hands direct them also, Lord, light of the legions of the heavens. Sun, O Judge!



PRAYER OF THE SINGER
(Mexican)

IN THE place of tears, I, the singer, watch my flowers, they enthrall my spirit as I walk alone with them--My spirit sad amid the flowers.

In this spot where the herbage is as sweet ointment, and green as the turquoise and emerald, I dream of a song of beauty while the blossoms of beauty are in my hand!

Let us rejoice now, O friends! O children! For the life of the earth-born is not long upon earth.

I now go forth in swiftness--to the sweet songs I go forth--to the flowers of fragrance, O friends! O children!

O hé! I sang aloud, O hé! I rained song blossoms as I sped!

Let us go forth to the four ways! I, the singer, shall find and bring forth the flowers. Let us be glad while we live--hark to my song of joy!

I, the poet, cry out a song for a place of joy--a radiant song which descends to the Underworld, and there turns and echoes back to you!

I seek neither vestments or riches, O friends! O children! but a song for a place of joy!


Bless this Day

May this day be blessed with gifts
Lessons, understanding and friends
May my energy be a gift to all I meet

Let me be centered, healing and open
May I face the day with courage
kindness, insight and compassion

May my spirit and body, honor this day
~ Abby Willowroot © 1999

0 comments: