Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Spell of the Comb and the Mirror


O Lady of Shimmering beauty,
For whom the stars are shining jewels
And the Universe Her creation and plaything,
Weaver of destinies
And protectress of things wild and free.
Make me now, I do ask
To be thy daughter.
Make me one with thee
And grant me thy far-flung power.
Grant to this, thy Witch and Sorceress
Strength within and without
As eternal as the boundless sea;
The calm assurance of my powers
To make any do my bidding
And the winds, waters, and fires,
The hills themselves
Lend willingly themselves to me,
Give to me, who am of thy ancient Craft
The wisdom of ages, the lore of eons
Knowledge of light, knowledge of dark.
Grant me beauty ever more perfect
That I may reflect thee better.
Build magick within me,
Build power within me.

Power be drawn, and power come,
And make me one with thee
Make me greater, make me better.
Grant me strength and grant me power.

O Goddess who is my friend and mother,
I give you love and thanks
O Beautiful One.
May the magic I have summoned

Return the stronger when I have need of it.
May wisdom, strength, comeliness and compassion
Remain with me, growing ever finer.
So mote it be!

0 comments: